Professional Services Engineer (International) - ref: 216
is a service provider specialized in the Telecommunications industry.
Our experts leverage more than 15 years of experience and methodologies, and best practices to help our customers successfully tackle their challenges.
We work across disciplines at any point in the project lifecycle, from strategy to design to implementation to operations and maintenance.
As part of our development, we are currently seeking: Professional Services Engineer (International).
Responsibilities include, but not limited to :
- Coordinate with System Engineers, QA and Internal Developers ensuring continued alignment and delivery of key non-functional requirements, optimizations, patches or complete solutions,
- Servers Operating Systems’ administration (Linux) including installation, configuration, hardening and updates,
- Deployment, technical acceptance testing and benchmarking of Systems Applications,
- Maintain and develop automation processes for deploying software,
- 24×7 proactive monitoring and support of the solutions deployed,
- Implement & verify Backups & Restores on relevant Databases, Servers and underlying Infrastructure,
- Develop appropriate standards and practices – ensuring proper documentation and maintenance,
- Basic MySQL Administration.
- Masters or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineer or equivalent experience.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- All-rounder with very good general IT Knowledge,
- A good working knowledge of Linux technologies,
- Database Administration Experience (MySQL, Postgres, NoSQL Databases)
- Scripting languages (Bash, Perl, PHP),
- Knowledge of Object-oriented languages (Java, C++) will be an asset,
- Virtualisation technologies (VMware, KVM),
- Able to work on his/her own initiative and without supervision,
- Mail (postfix), DNS (named), monitoring (Zabbix), backups,
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration,
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Salt, Puppet, Chef or an equivalent,
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required),
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- Fluent English (Clearly communicate in English verbally or in writing),
- Rigorous and organized, with excellent capabilities of communication,
- Good relational contact,
- Goal-focused and responsible for "getting the job done".
- Location: Job location based in Bangladesh or Indonesia, looking for someone in Bangladesh, Indonesia, Pakistan or India.
- Duration: Permanent,
- Schedule: Full-Time,
- Valid work permit required.